Source: Australia Bureau of Meteorology
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Thunderstorm Warning – Southeast Queensland
for HEAVY RAINFALL
For people in parts of Sunshine Coast, Noosa and Moreton Bay Council Areas.
Issued at 12:10 am Tuesday, 1 October 2019.
Thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours.
Locations which may be affected include Maroochydore, Redcliffe, Caloundra and Noosa Heads.
126mm of rain fell in two hours to 11:30pm at Beachmere
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it’s flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 1:10 am.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau’s website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and Queensland Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.