Source: Socialist Republic of Vietnam
* A total of 155 countries and regions as well as 26 international organizations are attending the second China International Import Expo (CIIE), which is held in Shanghai from November 5 to 10.
* The delivery of the second batch of Russian made S-400 missile defense systems to Turkey may be delayed beyond the planned timeline of 2020 due to discussions on technological sharing and joint production, a senior Turkish defense official said on Monday (November 4).
* Iran will host an international conference on the resistance movement of the Palestinians early next year, Press TV reported Monday.
* U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo spoke over the phone with Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan Al Saud on Monday about the bilateral ties. The two sides reiterated that they look forward to working together to “continue building upon the strong strategic partnership between the United States and Saudi Arabia”.
* The east-based rebel army of Libya denied Monday that its forces had retreated from southern Tripoli, the capital city.
* Mexico’s President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador on Monday offered to help Argentina ride out its economic crisis by increasing trade with the South American country.
*The government of Czech Republic is considering tightening regulations on drones and plans to ask all drones owners to register their equipment, according to local reports on Monday.
* Turkey will send back Islamic State (IS) group captives to their countries of origin even if some of the countries have deprived them of their citizenship, Turkish Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu said on Monday.
* A total of 56 major projects were signed at this year’s Financial Summit of China-Singapore (Chongqing) Demonstration Initiative on Strategic Connectivity held Monday in southwest China’s Chongqing Municipality, with an aggregate amount of CNY194.5 billion (about US$27.7 billion).
* The World Health Organization (WHO) on Monday said it requires US$1.7 million to fight growing tuberculosis (TB) in Libya. TB is a growing public health risk in Libya. Some 250 migrants have been diagnosed with TB in 2018, and this number may double by the end of 2019, WHO tweeted.
* Yemeni President Abdu-Rabbu Mansour Hadi said on Monday that signing a power-sharing deal between his government and the Southern Transitional Council (STC) reinforces unity against the Houthi rebels.
* Armenian Air Force will receive Russian SU-30SM fighter jets in a few months, the country’s Defense Minister David Tonoyan said Monday.
* Over 360 personnel from the six East African Community (EAC) member countries on Monday began a two-week joint military training exercise in the eastern Ugandan district of Jinja.
* South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has taken steps to intensify investment in the country by appointing special envoys on investment and establishing an investment and infrastructure office, presidential spokesperson Khusela Diko said Monday.