Source: Small Island Developing States
Nominations for the 2020 United Nations Public Service Awards (UNPSA) are due by 27 November 2019.
This annual awards programme aims to promote and recognize transformative initiatives that foster creativity and innovation in public services. It is open to all public organizations, including local, regional and national governments, and public institutions engaged in public-private partnerships for making people’s lives better. Nominations are accepted in all six UN official languages.
This year’s awards will recognize the achievements and contributions of public services in five categories:
- Delivering inclusive and equitable services for all;
- Promoting integrated mechanisms for sustainable development;
- Developing transparent and accountable public institutions;
- Promoting digital transformation in public-sector institutions; and
- Promoting gender responsive public services to achieve the SDGs.
date: 27 November 2019