Source: Socialist Republic of Vietnam
* Substitute Douglas Costa scored an exquisite stoppage-time goal to give Juventus a 2-1 win away to Lokomotiv Moscow on Wednesday, which clinched their place in the Champions League round of 16 with two games to spare.
* Managerless Bayern Munich reached the Champions League last 16 on Wednesday (Nov 6) with two games to spare as Robert Lewandowski helped inspire a low-key 2-0 win over Olympiakos.
* Mauro Icardi was again in the right place at the right time to earn Paris St Germain a 1-0 home victory over Club Brugge on Wednesday as the French champions booked their spot in the Champions League last 16.
* Bayer Leverkusen sprang to life in their Champions League group as they picked up their first points with a 2-1 win over Atletico Madrid in a bad-tempered game on Wednesday.
* Real Madrid’s teenage forward Rodrygo scored a blistering hat-trick as his side pummelled Galatasaray 6-0 at home on Wednesday to take a giant step towards qualifying for the Champions League knockout stages.
* Shakhtar Donetsk scored twice in injury time, the second a penalty converted in the 98th minute, to force a dramatic 3-3 draw away to Dinamo Zagreb after both teams finished with 10 men in the Champions League on Wednesday.
* Manchester City were made to wait to book a place in the Champions League knockout stages and ended up clinging on for a 1-1 draw against Atalanta on Wednesday after a red card forced Kyle Walker to go in goal.
* Arsenal’s faltering form continued as a much-changed side limped towards the last 32 of the Europa League with a 1-1 draw at Vitoria Guimaraes on Wednesday (Nov 6).
* Spain’s soccer federation (RFEF) has pledged 1.15 million euros to help pay the salaries of women’s top-flight players in order to try to prevent a planned strike, it said on Wednesday.
* Britain’s Nicola Adams, the first female boxer to win an Olympic gold medal, has announced her retirement from the sport at the age of 37 due to concerns about her eyesight.