Source: Weather Warnings – Australia
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
Fire Weather Warning
for the Far North Coast, North Coast, Greater Hunter, Greater Sydney Region, New England and Northern Slopes fire areas
Issued at 3:29 pm EDT on Wednesday 6 November 2019.
Warm, dry and windy conditions will result in elevated fire dangers for northeastern and central coastal parts of New South Wales on Thursday.
For Thursday 7 November:
Severe Fire Danger is forecast for the following fire areas:
North Coast, Greater Hunter, New England and Northern Slopes
Very High Fire Danger is forecast for the following fire areas:
Far North Coast and Greater Sydney Region
The NSW Rural Fire Service advises you to:
- Action your Bushfire Survival Plan now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation through your local radio station, www.rfs.nsw.gov.au and www.bom.gov.au.
- Call 000 (Triple Zero) in an emergency.
The Rural Fire Service advises that if you are in an area of Severe Fire Danger:
- If you plan to leave finalise your options and leave early on the day
- Only stay if your home is well prepared and you can actively defend it
- Prepare for the emotional, mental and physical impact of defending your property – if in doubt, leave.
For information on preparing for bushfires go to www.rfs.nsw.gov.au.
The next warning will be issued by 5:00 am EDT Thursday.