MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –
About hotel the construction of which brought together specialists of the USSR, France and Yugoslavia, the last house built by Ivan Zholtovsky in his lifetime, and progressive “house on chicken legs,” says historian and macquoid Tatiana Vorontsova.
The educational project of the Museum of Moscow “Street lecture hall. Local history” for the third year collects the Muscovites and tourists on the street lectures by connoisseurs of Moscow and historians in different parts of the city from Zamoskvorechye to Krylatskoe.
Summer kicked off the third season of “Street lectures”. The first notes of the meeting was dedicated to China town, and today — the Alekseevsky district.
The building of the Supreme Council of national economy
The Prospekt Mira 184, building 1
The ten-storied house built on Prospekt Mira in the years 1955-1957, was the last completed project of Ivan Zholtovsky. The architect died in 1959, leaving the house on moss street, the building of the Moscow Hippodrome, a cinema “Victory” and many other iconic objects of the capital.
The opinion, which the house thought vary: according to one version, it was supposed to be the Supreme Council of national economy, on the other hand, the Ministry of agriculture. Interestingly, the apartments in it — and there were 270 — received not only the officers, but also ordinary Muscovites.
The eaves of the house Zholtovsky conceived a very light, taking as a model the work of the Florentine architects of the Renaissance. The architect wanted to create a synthesis of Renaissance Palace with modern houses. He dismembered the facade at different levels and made in house external glass Elevator. It was typical of his postwar projects.
“House on chicken legs”
The Prospekt Mira 184, building 2
The famous “house on chicken legs” appeared in Moscow in 1968 on the site of the barracks alekseevskogo of the campus. Building on Prospekt Mira, designed by architect Victor Andreyev, drew the attention not only an unusual base, but tall. This is the city’s first 25-storey large detached house on stilts, long retained the status of the highest in Moscow.
It was built on the latest technologies — from large panels made on vibroprokatnyh camp. The layout of the apartments is also an unusual circular one. The balconies are staggered.
The most time-consuming part for the builders was the basement. Due to the complexity of the Foundation it was done quite a long time. The above-ground part, by contrast, has built very quickly. For the week, could build on a whole floor.
The Hotel “Cosmos”
Prospect Mira, Dom 150
The hotel “Cosmos” 1979 construction — another project that had Victor Andreev. The building in a semicircle is a joint work of a group of architects from the USSR and France and the Yugoslav builders. The construction was massive — right on the site worked concrete plant.
The builders were in a hurry to take the object, it was necessary for the year before the Olympics-80. The hotel, which opened picturesque panoramic views of the city, was meant for foreign guests. The building was not Soviet: triple glazed, the control system of heating, key card, opening the door to the room. At the Grand opening of the hotel, designed by Soviet and French architects acted as main then stars of both countries — Alla Pugacheva and Joe Dassin.
First in Space was 1718 standard rooms with double beds, 53 two-bedroom and six two-bedroom rooms. Later their number decreased due to the conversion of some Junior suites, suites and apartments.
The relationship with France is preserved during the restructuring. In 1990, the area of which is between the hotel and the prospectus of the World, was named in honor of French President Charles de Gaulle. In 2005, it established the eight-metre monument of the statesman, made by Zurab Tsereteli.
Church Of Tikhvin Icon Of Mother Of God
Prospekt Mira, house 130
In 1646 the widow of Dmitry Trubetskoy Anna ordered to build in the village Kopytova, granted the Prince, the Church of Alexis the Man of God. After that, the village became known as Alexeevskiy. Near the temple a few years laid the Church in the name of the Tikhvin icon of the Mother of God. Five-domed Church in the style of Russian uzoroche, three thousand parishioners, for almost four centuries of its existence, was never closed, though his story was quite sad pages.
In 1812 French soldiers staged in the Church warehouse and the stables and took out everything that hurt, including icons. In 1824, Alexander I ordered to restore the Church at a specially allocated from the Treasury money. In 1824 Alexis temple was dismantled and the bricks used for the construction of the bell tower of the Tikhvin Church. It does not shut down after the revolution, although in 1922 and carried all the precious items.
In 1954 in the Church of the Tikhvin Icon of the Mother of God made repairs, uncovered wall paintings of the first half of the nineteenth century. There are even two old melannie room. Most of the icons that are there now are the nineteenth century. Especially venerated the main Shrine of the Church of the Tikhvin icon of the Mother of God and the image of St. Nicholas and ancient icon of St. Alexis, who suffered from dismantled Alexis Church.
Alekseevskaya pump station
Novoalekseevskaya street, house 16
A pumping station was built near the village of Alekseyevka in 1830. Two steam pump with a capacity of 25 horsepower to pump water from the Mytishchi tank in the Sukharev tower. From there she went to five water fountain on Lubyanka and Teatralnaya squares, resurrection, savage and the fountain in front of the Sheremetev hospital.
In the late nineteenth century, the pumps started to pump water into a reservoir built by the time the Mytischi aqueduct, and from there to the Krestovskaya water tower. The latter is not preserved, but the historic station building, is a Prime example of red-brick industrial eclecticism can be seen today.
Today the building Alekseevskaya pump station included in the historical and architectural ensemble that includes the building of the former orphanage of the Bakhrushins brothers. Part of the historic construction of the station along the Novoalekseevskaya street is behind a fence, but you can see them. In 2016, the ensemble became an object of cultural heritage of regional value.
Alekseevskaya pump station worked until 1940. After opening the new Eastern water station, located in the old workshops of the Moscow water supply system.
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and or sentence structure will not be perfect.