Source: Government of Western Australia
A ban on the use/operation of engines, vehicles, plant, machinery or any “Hot Works” from 10:00am Saturday 9 Nov 2019 until 8:00pm on Saturday 9 November 2019 for the whole of the City of Wanneroo.
BUSH FIRES ACT 1954
Use of engines, vehicles, plant or machinery or undertaking of any actions likely to cause a bush fire.
(Commonly referred to as Hot Works, Harvest and Movement of Vehicles in paddocks bans)
I, Paul Postma, an authorised Chief Bush Fire Control Officer of the City of Wanneroo hereby declare a ban on the use or operation of engines, vehicles, plant, machinery or any “Hot Works” from 10:00 hours Sat 9 Nov 2019 until 20:00 hours Sat 9 Nov 2019 for the whole of the City of Wanneroo..
This Ban will be reviewed during the above period at which time further advice may be issued.
ACTIVITIES NOT PERMITTED DURING THE PERIOD OF THE BAN
- Harvesting operations are not permitted;
- Any hot works (e.g. welding, grinding, cutting, heating etc) outside of a suitably enclosed area are not permitted, (note-these activities are not permitted during the term of any Total Fire Ban); and
- Use or operation of any engine, vehicle, plant, equipment or machinery in the area likely to cause a bush fire or contribute to the spread of a bush fire.
- All Fire Permits will not be valid all day Saturday due to the Severe Fire Danger Rating.
ACTIVITIES PERMITTED DURING THE PERIOD OF THE BAN
- Movement of Vehicles on gazetted roads (as described in Bush Fires regulation 24A(1) and Road Traffic Act 1974 section 5.1);
- Movement of vehicles on a lane, driveway, yard or other area that provides access to, or a parking facility at, any residential, farming or business premises, if the area has been sufficiently cleared of inflammable material to prevent the escape of fire;
- Use or operation of a vehicle if it is for the prevention of an immediate and serious risk to the health or safety of a person or livestock, and only if all reasonable precautions have been taken to prevent the activity from creating a bush fire danger; and
- Use or operations of vehicles and undertaking of hot works by those persons holding a current Exemption under Bush Fires Act 1954 s. 22C (Exemption from Total Fire Bans).
Chief Bush Fire Control Officer – City of Wanneroo