Source: Socialist Republic of Vietnam
* Real Sociedad moved a point clear at the top of La Liga after being held to a 1-1 draw at home to bottom side Leganes on Friday, having taken the lead just past the hour mark.
* Australia are throwing debutant Ajla Tomljanovic into the Fed Cup cauldron against France, dropping veteran Sam Stosur in favour of the Croatia-born debutant for the singles just weeks after she became eligible to represent the nation.
* Defending champion and world number one Kento Momota battled past former number one Viktor Axelsen 21-18, 12-21, 21-16 to reach the Fuzhou China Open semi-finals on Friday (Nov 8).
* Tokyo Olympics organisers said Friday (Nov 8) they will put around a million more tickets for the 2020 Games on sale this month, with boxing seats up for grabs for the first time.
* Spain have recalled Alvaro Morata for their Euro 2020 qualifiers against Malta and Romania after the striker scored five times in his last five games for Atletico Madrid.
* Manchester City suffered a huge blow ahead of Sunday’s (Nov 10) top-of-the-table clash at Premier League leaders Liverpool with goalkeeper Ederson ruled out through injury.
* Edinson Cavani is set to make his first start for Paris Saint-Germain since August against Brest on Saturday (Nov 9) after recovering from a hip injury, coach Thomas Tuchel said on Friday.
* Mario Balotelli was not included in Roberto Mancini’s squad on Friday (Nov 8) for Italy’s final Euro 2020 qualifiers, despite the president of the country’s football federation (FIGC) calling for him to be selected.
* The United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) on Friday introduced the first wave of reforms to correct the organisational failings that allowed Larry Nassar, the former team doctor for USA Gymnastics, to prey on young athletes.
* Jimmy Briand scored a 50th minute penalty for Girondins de Bordeaux in a 1-1 draw at Nice that sent the visitors third in Ligue 1 on goal difference on Friday.
* Rafael Nadal is optimistic he will be 100 per cent fit for the ATP Finals as he bids to seal the year-end world number one ranking for the fifth time in his career.