Source: Australia Bureau of Meteorology
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
Fire Weather Warning
for the Far North Coast fire area
Issued at 3:47 am EDT on Saturday 9 November 2019.
Windy, dry and warm conditions will generate elevated fire dangers for far northeastern parts of the state today.
For the rest of Saturday 9 November:
Very High Fire Danger is forecast for the following fire area:
Far North Coast
The NSW Rural Fire Service advises you to:
- Action your Bushfire Survival Plan now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation through your local radio station, www.rfs.nsw.gov.au and www.bom.gov.au.
- Call 000 (Triple Zero) in an emergency.
The Rural Fire Service advises that if you are in an area of Severe Fire Danger:
- If you plan to leave finalise your options and leave early on the day
- Only stay if your home is well prepared and you can actively defend it
- Prepare for the emotional, mental and physical impact of defending your property – if in doubt, leave.
For information on preparing for bushfires go to www.rfs.nsw.gov.au.
No further warnings will be issued for this event, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.