Source: European Union External Action
The European External Action Service (EEAS) supports the work of the High Representative in defining and implementing an effective and coherent EU foreign policy. The EEAS supports her tasks of conducting the EU’s Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council. It also supports the High Representative in her capacity as Vice President of the Commission with regard to her responsibilities within the Commission in the external relations field including the coordination of other aspects of the EU’s external action. The EEAS works in close cooperation with Member States, the Council and relevant services of the European Commission.
The Division EEAS.BA.BS.4 Regional Centre Europe is responsible for the Administrative support to EU Delegations in the framework of the regionalization of administrative tasks.
The Centre, established as a Pilot project covers in particular: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia Herzegovina, Strasbourg, FYROM, Georgia, Iceland, Kosovo, Libya, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Norway, Paris, Rome, Russia, Serbia, Switzerland, UN (Geneva), WTO (Geneva), Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, Vienna and Yemen. These 28 Delegations employ about 1300 staff.
The Regional Centre Europe is organised in teams dealing with: procurement and contract management; accounting; human resources and legal assistance.
The position of the Finance and Contracts Assistant.
We are seeking a highly motivated colleague who will work within the team whose main tasks are:
BUDGET AND FINANCIAL MONITORING AND REPORTING ACCOUNTING
- Ensure correct and timely financial initiation and/or verification of transactions;
- Ensure the regularity and legality of commitments, payments;
- Advise on sound financial management to all stakeholders;
- Budget requirements, allocation and reporting, financial circuits, missions, preparation of financial dossiers;
- Back-up for the administration in the Delegations when needed;
- Provide assistance to very small Delegations.
Budget and financial monitoring and reporting:
- Follow-up of the budget and in preparing transfer requests when needed;
- Follow-up of the consumption of the commitments and payment credits using ABAC and/or BUDGDEL.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Legal overview and assistance in human resource management – Analysis of local law documents, and comparison with internal procedures;
- Preparation of administrative files; monitoring and reporting of issues;
- Regional overview; Back-up for the administration in the delegations when needed (including support on missions);
- Provide assistance in the workflow for small delegations where necessary.
REMUNERATION, RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- Establishment of rights, salary grids, medical reimbursements, entry-into-service and end-of-contract entitlements;
- Rights & obligations: Management of personnel files of local staff and handling of related sensitive information, providing information on different procedures to newcomers and other staff;
- Calculations and payment of local staff salaries including overtime; Payroll system administration and other salary services;
- Medical reimbursements – Prior consultation of eligibility and procedures, calculation and verification for reimbursements of medical expenditure.
Candidates for this contract agent III post should:
- (i) have passed a valid EPSO CAST in a valid FG for this post or
- (ii) be registered in the EPSO Permanent CAST in a valid FG for this post https://epso.europa.eu/apply/job-offers_en?keyword=&contract=37&grade=Al…
- have a level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma or a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of three year;
- have the capacity to work in languages of CFSP and external relations necessary for the performance of their duties. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset.
- Be a national of one of the member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen.
- have prior experience with at least two of the following domains: accounting, HRM procedures and tools, public procurement;
- have strong drafting and analytical skills combined with sound judgement;
- have the ability to communicate clearly on complex issues and the capacity to perform with accuracy and in a flexible manner a diversity of tasks in a complex institutional environment;
- be fluent in English and/or French (both orally and in writing);
- be a flexible team player.
Experience in the following fields would be considered as strong assets:
- experience and advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Excel in particular;
- experience of working in a team in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment;
- experience in working with or within a diplomatic representation or EU Delegation;
- fluency in one of the languages on the countries covered by the Regional Centre;
PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT: Brussels, Belgium
Contract agent position (Function group III); renewable contract for a maximum duration of 6 years (with a valid CAST exam).
The selection panel will make a pre-selection on the basis of the qualifications and professional experience described in the CV and motivational letter, and will produce a shortlist of eligible candidates who best meet the selection criteria for the post.
The preselected candidates will be invited for an interview by a selection panel. The panel will recommend a shortlist of candidates for a final decision by the Authority Empowered to Conclude Contracts of Employment. The Authority may decide to interview the candidates on the final shortlist before taking this decision.
Point of contact with regard to this vacancy:
Post available: 15/12/2019
Deadline for sending application. Please send your CV and cover letter to EEAS REGIONAL CENTRE EUROPE (REGIONAL-CENTRE-EUROPE@eeas.europa.eu) by 25/11/2019.