Source: Socialist Republic of Vietnam
* The 2nd Coast Guard Global Summit wrapped up on November 21 in Tokyo, Japan, reaffirming that maritime safety and security and a clean marine environment are the vital foundation for the well-being and prosperity of the international community.
* An article on Cuba’s Granma newspaper accused the US for increasing its anti-Cuba policy, through a campaign to slander and discredit Cuba.
* Gao Feng, China’s Ministry of Commerce spokesman, said that China is willing, on the basis of equal and mutual respect with the US, to work together to properly settle areas of common concern.
* UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres called on African countries to adopt clean and green development strategies for sustained economic growth in Africa and the world on the occasion of Africa Industrialization Day.
* Thailand and Myanmar have signed a Memorandum of Understanding on cross-border transport at the 23rd Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) conference recently held in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
* Indonesian police have arrested 74 terror suspects after a suicide bombing targeted the police headquarters of Medan, the capital city of North Sumatra province.
* Maritime forces from Australia, Canada, Republic of Korea, and the United States met in the waters off the coast of Guam to conduct cooperative maritime training in exercise Pacific Vanguard.
* The National Independent Electoral Authority (ANIE) of Algerie has developed a database that has allowed to develop the national electronic file of the electorate, as well as an electronic platform to automatically check and monitor the next poll.
* A 6.1-magnitude quake struck near the border of Thailand and Laos on Thursday. The epicentre was about 219km from Vientiane, Laos’ capital city and 600km from Hanoi.
* A blast at a fireworks factory in Sicily town of Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto, Italy killed five people and seriously injured two others.
* Seven crew members have been rescued and two remained missing after a Chinese Taiwanese cargo ship colliding with an unknown ship off the coast of the Chinese mainland province of Fujian.