Source: Socialist Republic of Vietnam
* Arsenal came from two goals down to draw 2-2 away to Standard Liege and win their group while Dynamo Kiev and Lazio both crashed out of the Europa League after the final round of group games on Thursday.
* Australia and New Zealand have launched a joint bid backed by both governments to bring the women’s football World Cup to the southern hemisphere for the first time in 2023.
* Saudi Arabia will host its first professional women’s golf tournament in 2020 with a prize fund of US$1 million, the Ladies European Tour (LET) announced. The Jeddah Royal Greens Golf and Country Club will stage the Mar 19 to Mar 22 tournament, featuring three-time Tour winner Carly Booth.
* Christian Pulisic was named men’s Player of the Year by the US soccer federation on Thursday, with the 21-year-old becoming the youngest ever to claim the award twice. Pulisic, who also won in 2017, became the most expensive American soccer player in history when he signed with Premier League Chelsea in January for 64 million euros (£54.98 million).
* The UK’s Andy Murray has cancelled his training block in Miami because of a groin injury that has left him unable to practise on the court, according to a report on Thursday (Dec 12).
* The Premier League’s long search for a new chief executive ended on Thursday (Dec 12) when Richard Masters, the man who has filled the role on an interim basis, was appointed.
* The Polynesian island of Tahiti has been chosen to host the surfing events at the 2024 Paris Olympics after being selected over beaches in southwest France and Brittany, organisers said on Thursday (Dec 12).
* Ferrari will launch their new Formula One car on Feb 11 and expect it to have less outright speed than this year’s but be better equipped to take the fight to champions Mercedes after a disappointing 2019.