Source: Government of Saskatchewan
Released on January 15, 2020
Campers can mark their calendars – reservations for 2020 campsites are scheduled to begin Monday, April 13 for seasonal and Wednesday, April 15 for nightly and Camp-Easy.
“We are looking forward to another exciting camping season in Saskatchewan Provincial Parks,” Parks, Culture and Sport Minister Gene Makowsky said. “Whether a seasoned-camper or first-time visitor, our parks continue to provide a variety of outdoor activities, programs and special events that offer unique and memorable experiences for all.”
Reservations for campsites will open at 7 a.m. on the scheduled days below, with the queue opening at 6:40 a.m. Staggered launch dates and the queuing system will be implemented again in 2020 to help manage the volume the site experiences.
The schedule is as follows:
- Monday, April 13: Seasonal campsites
- Wednesday, April 15: Pike Lake, The Battlefords, Narrow Hills, Blackstrap
- Thursday, April 16: Bronson Forest, Meadow Lake, Makwa Lake, Lac La Ronge
- Friday, April 17: Saskatchewan Landing, Douglas, Danielson
- Monday, April 20: Buffalo Pound, Rowan’s Ravine, Echo Valley, Crooked Lake
- Wednesday, April 22: Cypress Hills
- Thursday, April 23: Duck Mountain, Good Spirit Lake, Greenwater Lake
- Friday, April 24: Candle Lake, Great Blue Heron, Moose Mountain
Seasonal, nightly and group campsites can be reserved through the online system at www.saskparks.goingtocamp.com or through the call centre at 1-855-737-7275. School and youth groups will continue to book by calling the parks directly. Group campsites for 2020 are currently open for reservations.
Camping information, along with reservation, cancellation, change and no-show fees is available on www.saskparks.com. There will be no fee changes for 2020. At the time of reserving a site, customers will have the option to purchase a vehicle entry permit. A Saskatchewan Provincial Parks Annual Vehicle Entry Permit, available for $75, is a great way to enjoy unlimited camping, day trips, park activities and events throughout the entire year. A valid park entry permit is required year-round.
The 2020 camping season officially kicks off on Thursday, May 14.
For more information, contact:
Parks, Culture and Sport