Source: Socialist Republic of Vietnam
* Tranmere Rovers substitute Paul Mullin scored an extra-time winner in a 2-1 victory over Premier League side Watford on Thursday (Jan 23) to set up an FA Cup fourth-round clash with heavyweights Manchester United on Sunday.
* La Liga giants Atletico Madrid suffered a shock 2-1 extra-time defeat in the Copa del Rey to third-tier side Cultural Leonesa whose upset victory secured a place in the last 16 on Thursday.
* World number one Ash Barty produced a clinical masterclass of ball striking and placement to beat Elena Rybakina 6-3 6-2 on Friday (Jan 24) and advance to the Australian Open fourth round.
* Caroline Wozniacki’s glittering tennis career ended in tears at the Australian Open on Friday (Jan 24) when she was dumped out 7-5, 3-6, 7-5 by lower-ranked Ons Jabeur of Tunisia in the third round.
* Serena Williams was sensationally knocked out of the Australian Open third round after losing 6-4, 6/7 (2/7), 7-5 to China’s Wang Qiang on Friday (Jan 24), thus torpedoing her bid for a record-equalling 24th Grand Slam crown.
* Rafa Nadal passed up a good few chances for an earlier finish to his night before muscling his way into the third round of the Australian Open with a commanding 6-3 7-6(4) 6-1 victory over Argentine Federico Delbonis on Thursday (Jan 23).
* Iranian clubs Esteghlal and Shahr Khodro have agreed to play the home legs of their Asian Champions League preliminary round ties at neutral venues, the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) said on Thursday, averting reported threats of a boycott.
* The Japanese Olympic Committee (JOC) on Thursday unveiled athlete uniforms for the Olympic and Paralympic opening ceremonies this summer, with red pants and culottes representing the sun and white jackets symbolising purity.
* Paris will host another NBA regular season game in 2021 after Friday’s Charlotte Hornets versus Milwaukee Bucks clash in the French capital, league commissioner Adam Silver said on Thursday.
* Inter Milan have signed Victor Moses on loan from Chelsea with an option to make the move permanent, the Serie A side said on Thursday of a deal that reunited the Nigeria winger with his former boss Antonio Conte.
* Sebastian Cappelen grabbed the early lead in the first round of the Farmers Insurance Open on Thursday while Tiger Woods gave a solid display in his first start of the year as he guns for a record-breaking 83rd PGA Tour victory.