Source: Republic of Greece – Defense (translation)
The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Nikolaos Panagiotopoulos, in a wide-ranging meeting for the preparation of the firefighting season, coordinated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The Minister of National Defense, Mr. Nikolaos Panagiotopoulos, will participate tomorrow, Thursday, May 7, 2020, in a meeting that will take place at 12 noon in the “Ioannis Kapodistrias” hall regarding the preparation of the firefighting season and the provision of the required Minister of National Coordination. the General Secretariat for Civil Protection of the Ministry of Civil Protection.
The meeting will also be attended by the Deputy Minister of Civil Protection & Crisis Management Mr. Nikos Hardalias, the General Secretaries of the Ministry of National Defense Mr. Antonios Oikonomou and Civil Protection Mr. Vassilios Papageorgiou, the Chiefs of Staff GEYTHOPE GEETHOLA Ftintina General General Konstantinos Blioumis, General Staff Lieutenant General Charalambos Laousis, General Staff Lieutenant General Stylianos Petrakis PN and the Fire Brigade Lieutenant General P.S. Stefanos Kolokouris, as well as other competent bodies.
The following topics will be discussed:
1. Utilization of 2019 fire report report conclusions.
2. Assistance of the Armed Forces to the General Secretariat for Civil Protection during the firefighting period 2020.
3. Availability of available aerial means.
4. Issues of Administrative Care.
5. General planning of forest protection – surveillance through land and air means.
6. Disposal, development, arrangement of surveillance and aerial means of forest protection.