Source: Socialist Republic of Vietnam
* Second-placed Lazio slumped to a third successive defeat in the Serie A title race when they were beaten 2-1 at home by midtable Sassuolo in stifling heat at the Stadio Olimpico on Saturday.
* Atletico Madrid sealed Champions League qualification for the eighth consecutive season by beating Real Betis 1-0 at home on Saturday thanks to a late Diego Costa goal after having a player sent off and seeing two goals ruled out following VAR reviews.
* Lionel Messi made it 20 assists for the season in Barcelona’s stodgy 1-0 win over Real Valladolid on Saturday (Jul 11), even as his team’s La Liga challenge appears almost over.
* Raheem Sterling scored a hat-trick as Manchester City ensured they will finish in the Premier League’s top four with a 5-0 win over Brighton on Saturday (Jul 11) as the club wait to find out whether they will be allowed to compete in the Champions League next season.
* Sheffield United dealt a major blow to Chelsea’s chances of a Premier League top-four finish by thrashing the Blues 3-0 at Bramall Lane on Saturday (Jul 11).
* Liverpool’s 100 percent Premier League home record ended on Saturday as the champions were held to a 1-1 draw by Burnley.
* Norwich were condemned to a record fifth relegation from the Premier League as Michail Antonio’s four-goal blitz fired West Ham to a 4-0 win at Carrow Road on Saturday (Jul 11).
* Jack Charlton, a soccer World Cup winner with England and former Republic of Ireland boss, has died aged 85, the BBC reported on Saturday.
* The Bulgarian Football Union (BFU) postponed the start of next season’s domestic top flight by two weeks after the Balkan country saw the biggest increase of COVID-19 cases in a week.