Source: Socialist Republic of Vietnam
CAS ruled that City did not breach Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules by disguising equity funding as sponsorship. Sport’s highest court also reduced a fine for failing to cooperate with UEFA to €10 million (US$11.30 million) from €30 million.
* Real Madrid ground out a 2-1 win at Granada on Monday (Jul 13) to record their ninth consecutive victory and move within touching distance of reclaiming the Liga title.
* Inter Milan staged an impressive second-half revival to beat Torino 3-1 and move up to second place in Serie A on Monday (Jul 13) as they bounced back after letting victory slip from their grasp in their two previous games.
* Manchester United’s Champions League qualification hopes suffered a blow after an equaliser deep in stoppage time from Michael Obafemi earned Southampton a 2-2 draw in the Premier League at Old Trafford on Monday.
* Villarreal’s hopes of finishing in La Liga’s top four ended with a 2-1 defeat at home to Real Sociedad on Monday, meaning Sevilla have qualified for the Champions League.
* Manchester United have signed Spain international defender Ona Batlle on a two-year contract from Levante, the Women’s Super League club announced on Monday.
* The remainder of the 2019-2020 PGA Tour will take place without spectators as the United States battles a resurgence in the coronavirus pandemic, tournament officials said on Monday.
* The Chicago Marathon became the latest major marathon to fall victim to the coronavirus on Monday (Jul 13) as organisers confirmed cancellation of the race for only the second time in its history. The decision had been largely expected, with several other major marathons around the world already suffering the same fate because of the pandemic.
* Irish rugby players earning more than €25,000 (£22,500, US$28,000) per year have agreed to a 10 per cent salary reduction for the second half of 2020 as well as a further 10% deferral of their wages until 2021 due to the economic impact of coronavirus.
* Serie A has asked investors to submit bids for a minority stake in its broadcasting rights business by July 24, two sources close to the matter said on Monday, as Italy’s top flight soccer league is looking at ways to weather the COVID-19 emergency.
* Japan’s sumo association said Monday (Jul 13) it would allow fans to watch its July tournament at a Tokyo arena despite a recent spike in coronavirus cases in the capital.
* Spaniard Pol Espargaro has signed a two-year deal to race for MotoGP champions Repsol Honda from 2021 when Marc Marquez’s brother Alex will move to the LCR team in place of Britain’s Cal Crutchlow, Honda said on Monday.
* Football Federation Australia (FFA) confirmed on Monday that the A-League would resume on Friday after a four-month hiatus, with three Melbourne teams in quarantine at a hub in western Sydney.