Source: US State of Missouri
What: Crews sealing pavement on state routes with a mixture of rock and oil
- 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesday-Friday, August 5-7 – Polk County Route U between Missouri Route 13 and the end of state maintenance south of Bolivar
- 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesday-Friday, August 5-7 – Missouri Route 32 between Missouri Route 13 and South 16th Road west of Fair Play
- Drivers can expect one-lane traffic with flaggers and a pilot vehicle guiding them through the work zones. Drivers on side roads are encouraged to wait for the pilot vehicle before entering the state routes.
- Drivers may be stopped for up to 15 minutes
- Drivers are encouraged to avoid Route U and Route 32 if possible during the project
- Local residents will be able to get to driveway and entrances along the road
Additional info: A chip-seal is planned for this roads as an economical way to maintain and preserve the roadway. The treatments keep a road from deteriorating and extends its life.
(Weather and/or construction delays will alter the work schedule)
(For more information, call MoDOT in Springfield at 417-895-7600 or visit www.modot.org/southwest)
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)