Source: US State of Maryland
The following outlines the procedures for Microsoft Licensing Packages. All Executive Branch agencies are required to create releases in State ADPICS against blanket purchase order (BPO) No. 001B0600408. The procedures are effective 11/1/2020. Any questions should be directed to the Procurement Officer: Dominic Edet email@example.com.
DGS adopted two (2) ADPICS documents for the Purchasing document numbering structure.
- Agencies should create a direct purchase order release as the document number if the software requested is to be paid in the current fiscal year.
- Agencies should create a reference BPO purchase release if software assurance is being paid over multiple fiscal years.
- A reference BPO allows for purchase order releases each year the software assurance payment is due.
- Click here to view the Reference Blanket Purchase Order User Guide.
PART A: REQUEST FOR QUOTE
- ADPICS Direct PO and BPO security will be required for anyone who is planning on creating those document types in ADPICS. See your Agency FMIS coordinator to verify you have security or to fill out new forms.
- Validate or setup your agency ADPICS Initiating Department Approval Paths. (Note: This is an agency’s internal approval path and should not include DGS Procurement or the Board of Public Works).
- Select the commodity from PCHL2348, BPO detail screen, for the software.
PART B: AWARD
- Agencies obtain a SHI quote for the software and services needed.
- Process the direct PO or reference BPO in ADPICS approval processing to DGS Procurement for review and final posting. Prior to submitting the ADPICS Direct PO or reference BPO, agencies must submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org the SHI quote requesting approval.
- Agencies may change the DOC type or use the default. A specific DOC type is not required since the commodity codes are linked to DGS by commodity approval processing.
- The direct PO and reference BPO are automatically routed via commodity approval processing to DGS Procurement for review in ADPICS mailbox 00153, level 460.
- Agencies can monitor the status of the ADPICS document through ADPICS via the active document screen (PCHL 9220) or archive screen (PCHL 9230). In most cases, you will receive an email from DGS indicating the updated document status.
- If a reference BPO is authorized by Department of General Services, Office of State Procurement (DGS) and posted, the agency will need to create a purchase order (PO) release from the posted reference BPO. The PO will also need DGS Procurement approval. No additional documentation will be required for the PO approval. After DGS approves the PO, the agency should sign and send it to SHI
- This is a STATEWIDE contract, BPW approval was received at the time of the award of the contract. Releases under the existing contract ceiling **do not require additional BPW approval.
- Agencies should follow-up with SHI directly concerning the status of the initial purchase as well as subsequent invoice or service concerns.