MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –
March 29, 2021 1:01 pm
Photo by Y. Ivanko. Mos.ru
The workers will replace the roofs, repair the drainage system, insulate the attic floors and treat the wooden structures with fire-retardant compounds.
The roofs of historical buildings will be repaired in the Presnensky District – these works are included in a large-scale regional program overhaul… Residential buildings, which will be renovated, are objects of cultural heritage.
One of them is the Marshal’s House, located at 28/30 Sadovaya-Kudrinskaya Street. In 1947 it was built according to the project of a group of famous Soviet architects, which included Lev Rudnev, Vladimir Munts and Viktor Ass. On the first floor of the building there are huge arched window openings and passages to the entrance doors. The facades are decorated with a restrained but clear pattern. The interwindow spaces of the upper floors are decorated with semi-columns and lotus-shaped capitals. Over the years, honored marshals and generals of the Soviet Union lived in this house, including Andrei Grechko, Andrei Eremenko, Matvey Zakharov, Leonid Govorov, Mitrofan Nedelin and others.
Another historical building is located at the address: Ermolaevsky lane, house 13, building 4. The residential building was built in 1947 and became a symbol of Moscow rebuilt after the Great Patriotic War. The name of the lane in which the house stands appeared in the 17th century and was given in honor of the wooden church of Yermolai the Hieromartyr, built in the Patriarchal Sloboda in 1610-1612 as a prayer house for Patriarch Hermogenes.
In addition, the roof will be repaired at 4 on Malaya Bronnaya Street. This is the former town estate of the Golitsyn family, the profitable estate of M.S. Romanov and the Society for Benefits to Needy Students of the Imperial Moscow University. The building was built in 1902 by the architect K.K. Gippius. In 1905, the university canteen was a gathering place for revolutionary students. During the days of the armed uprising in December 1905, the headquarters of the squads was located here. Over the years, the Theater of Satire and the Theater on Malaya Bronnaya were located here.
The workers will dismantle all the old roofing and then install the roof. Also, during the work, new fences will be installed, the drainage system will be repaired. If necessary, the crate will be replaced, as well as partially or completely rafters and Mauerlat. All wooden structures will be treated with fire-retardant compounds, hatches and exits to the attic and roof will be replaced. All work is carried out in strict accordance with applicable building codes and regulations.
Where it is provided by the design documentation, the attic floors will be insulated. Thanks to this, the temperature and humidity regime of the attic space will be restored and the energy efficiency of the building as a whole will increase, and the operation of the roof will improve. For insulation of the attic floor, mineral wool slabs are used as a heat insulator.
During the overhaul, the facilities are regularly checked by specialists Department of Cultural Heritage of the City of Moscow, and only contractors with special licenses of the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation are allowed to work. In addition, operational, intermediate and acceptance monitoring of work performance is carried out.
There are information stands next to each object where work is taking place. They contain the details of the contractor carrying out the repair and the authorized employees. Also, for all questions, you can contact the dispatch office of the Fund for Capital Repair of Moscow: +7 (495) 695-64-20.
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and or sentence structure not be perfect.