MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –
April 1, 2021, 07:07
This is necessary to solve the problem of oncoming traffic on narrow streets and to equip additional parking spaces.
This year, at the request of residents, the traffic pattern will change on nine streets of the capital – sections of seven of them will become one-way. Thanks to this, 252 additional parking spaces will appear. In addition, the innovations will help eliminate the problems of oncoming traffic on narrow streets.
“Problems of oncoming traffic cause great discomfort to residents. Very often people park, turning narrow streets into one-way streets. So that we do not have to waste time on such sections, skipping oncoming traffic, we streamline traffic, preserving wherever possible both parking spaces and passage, ”the press service of the Traffic Management Center noted.
Will become unilateral:
– section of Dobrolyubov Street from Building 2, Building 1 to Dobrolyubov Passage (50 parking spaces);
– section of 6th Novogireev avenue from Zeleny prospect to Aleksey Dikogo street (52 parking spaces);
– Projected passage No. 2263 from Polbina street to Shosseinaya (53 parking spaces);
– Projected passage No. 765 from Pererva street to Lublinskaya (47 cars);
– section of Sportivnaya Street from 1st Reisovaya Street to 2nd Reisovaya (31 parking spaces);
– a section of Klochkova Street from Kutuzovsky Prospekt to Building 2 (19 parking spaces);
– a section of Plotinnaya Street from 1st Reisovaya Street to 34. One-way traffic is necessary here to ensure passage – its width is only 3.6 meters.
In addition, the direction of one-way traffic on the Olonetsky passage section from Menzhinsky street to Starovatutinsky passage will change. This will shorten the path by 410 meters and help avoid overrun of vehicles
The section of Projected passage No. 6334 from building 15, building 29 on the Akademik Tupolev embankment to Radio Street will become two-way. This will improve the transport situation in the Basmanny District and reduce overruns to 700 meters.
The timing of the work will become known later.
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and or sentence structure not be perfect.