MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –
April 1, 2021, 09:02
The workers will replace roofs and battens, insulate attic ceilings, replace hatches and roof exits.
In the Arbat area, the roofs of residential buildings, which are objects of cultural heritage, will be repaired. These works are part large-scale regional overhaul program.
This year, the roof of the house of the Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker with a hall for public meetings and a library will be repaired. The building is located at 18/1 Arbat Street, Building 2. It was built in 1912 in honor of the 300th anniversary of the reign of the Romanov dynasty. The building provided premises for a parish school, a canteen, apartments for the ministers of the church, some apartments were rented out.
Also, the roof will be repaired in the apartment building of General Shanyavsky, a famous gold miner. The building built in 1870 is located at Arbat Street, 4, building 1. The first floor of the house was rebuilt into a restaurant that offered visitors inexpensive dinners. It was visited by writers Alexander Levitov and Ivan Bunin, poet Konstantin Balmont, artist Nikolai Sapunov and others. Later, a public university was opened in the building (Moscow City People’s University named after A.L. Shanyavsky), where anyone could study, without entrance exams, regardless of origin, religion, gender and nationality. One of his students was Sergei Yesenin.
Another historic building, which is scheduled for overhaul of the roof this year, is house number 11 in Bolshoy Rzhevsky lane. The house was built in 1917 by the architect Mikhail Mukhin. In Soviet times, it was called the 5th house of the Revolutionary Military Council, but is more popularly known as the House of the Military. Its history is connected with the names of famous military leaders who lived here. Among them are the 1st rank army commissar Yan Gamarnik, generals Mikhail Kazakov, Ivan Tyulenev, Nikolai Vatutin. The facade of the building is decorated with a colonnade that unites the first two floors. There are two porticoes at the mezzanine level. The main entrance leads to the landing where the elevator car and two of the largest apartments in the building are located.
In all three buildings, workers will dismantle the old roofing and replace it with a new one. In the course of work, fences will be replaced, the drainage system will be repaired. If necessary, they will replace the crate, partially or completely change the rafters and Mauerlat. All wooden structures will be treated with fire-retardant compounds, hatches and exits to the attic and roof will be replaced. The work is carried out in accordance with applicable building codes and regulations.
Where it is provided by the design documentation, the attic floors will be insulated. Thanks to this, the temperature and humidity regime of the attic space will be restored and the energy efficiency of the building as a whole will increase, and the operation of the roof will improve. During the insulation of the attic floor, mineral wool slabs are used as a heat insulator.
Only contractors with special licenses from the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation are allowed to work. During the overhaul, the facilities are regularly checked by specialists Department of Cultural Heritage of the City of Moscow… Operational, intermediate and acceptance monitoring is also carried out by construction control staff.
There are information stands next to each object where work is taking place. On them you can find the data of the contractor carrying out the repairs and authorized employees. Also, for all questions, please call the dispatch office of the Fund for Capital Repair of Moscow: +7 (495) 695-64-20.
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and or sentence structure not be perfect.