MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –
April 20, 2021 10:23 am
Anyone can join the action – registration is not required to participate.
On April 24, at 10:00 am, a citywide memorial and patronage action dedicated to the 76th anniversary of the victory in the Great Patriotic War will begin in Moscow. Muscovites will put in order the monuments, memorial plaques, memorial signs and burial places of the participants in the battles. The action will take place at 11 city sites. Among them are the largest cemeteries in Moscow – Novodevichye, Vagankovskoye, Preobrazhenskoye.
Schoolchildren, representatives of youth movements and non-profit organizations, veterans will take part in the events. Anyone can join them – no registration is required for this, and everything you need will be provided on the spot. Participants will restore order and lay flowers on the graves of the heroes of the Great Patriotic War.
The uniform start time of the action is 10:00. Gathering at 09:45 at the main entrance to the cemetery.
Places of patronage actions:
– Vagankovskoe cemetery (15 Sergei Makeev Street);
– Novodevichye cemetery (Luzhnetsky passage, building 2);
– Preobrazhensky cemetery (Preobrazhensky Val street, 17a);
– Danilovskoye cemetery (4th Roshinsky passage, building 30, building 1);
– Kuntsevskoe cemetery (Ryabinovaya street, possession 20);
– Mitinskoe cemetery (Pyatnitskoe highway, 6th kilometer);
– memorial to fallen soldiers (Troitsk, Tekstilshchikov street);
– Kuzminskoye cemetery (Academician Skryabin Street, 19, building 3a);
– Pyatnitskoe cemetery (Droboliteyny lane, building 5, possession 3);
– Butovo cemetery (South Butovo, 36th kilometer of the Kursk railway);
– Zelenograd city cemetery (Eastern communal zone, Zelenograd).
Public patronage work has been carried out in Moscow since 2009. More than 100 thousand Muscovites of different generations annually take part in the cleaning of tombstones, monuments, cleaning and landscaping of the territories adjacent to the objects. In total, during the year in the capital, with the support of the Committee for Public Relations and Youth Policy of the city of Moscow, five citywide memorial and patronage actions are held. They are dedicated to holidays and memorable dates.
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and or sentence structure not be perfect.