MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –
April 22, 2021 2:02 pm
Press Service of the Department of Cultural Heritage of the City of Moscow
Now experts carry out research and survey work here.
In the process of conducting research on the object of cultural heritage of federal significance – the chambers of the clerk Ukraintsev – specialists discovered a number of historical elements. The building is located at the address: Khokhlovsky lane, house 7-9, building 1-3.
“The preparation of the project for the restoration of the chambers of the clerk Ukraintsev is an important issue that must be approached with full responsibility. At the moment, experts are carefully studying all the materials, describe the features of the monument and prepare a list of solutions for its preservation. Just the other day, several discoveries were made, which will be taken into account when developing a restoration project. Experts discovered the decor of the semi-columns, fragments of the crowning cornice, cast-iron portals of fireplaces and a tiled stove, ”said the head
The discovered decor of the semi-columns was hidden under the plaster of later periods of renovation. Experts have recorded its partial preservation; conservation and restoration of the surviving fragments is required. During the examination of the under-roof space of the courtyard part of the chambers, fragments of the crowning cornice and half-columns were found. In the premises of the chambers, as well as in the adjoining building of the Director’s House of the Archives of the College of Foreign Affairs (Khokhlovsky lane, 7-9, building 3), experts found cast-iron portals for fireplaces and a tiled stove.
The stone chambers were built in the last third of the 17th century. Until 1686-1708, their owner was Emelyan Ukraintsev, a Russian statesman, Duma clerk and diplomat. After his death, the chambers became the property of Field Marshal Mikhail Golitsyn (1709-1730). Then the building was owned by Princess Tatiana Golitsyna (née Kurakina) and Prince Alexander Golitsyn (1757-1768). From 1768 to 1875, the building housed the archive of the Collegium of Foreign Affairs, then the Russian Musical Society. In 1882-1903, the music publisher Pyotr Yurgenson lived here.
Research and survey work is carried out at the expense of private investors in the Khokhlovka art quarter under the control of the Moscow City Heritage Site.
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and or sentence structure not be perfect.