MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –
April 24, 2021 12:27 pm
Photo by Y. Ivanko. Mos.ru
Operators talk about plasma transfusions with antibodies to COVID-19, one of the treatments for the most severe cases of the disease.
About 160 thousand Muscovites have contacted the hotline for plasma donors during the year of operation – from April 2020. Operators not only answer questions related to donation, but also call those who have recovered from the coronavirus to tell them about the opportunity to help others. They made almost 600 thousand calls. Sergei Sobyanin wrote about this in his account on the social network. “In contact with”…
In April last year, hospitals in the capital began to use donor plasma transfusion with antibodies to COVID-19, this has become one of the methods of treating the most severe cases of the disease.
Moscow is the first Russian city to include the use of blood plasma in clinical guidelines as part of a comprehensive therapy against COVID-19. Social workers were among the first to join the donation. Some of them have gone through the procedure several times.
A plasma donor can be a person aged 18 to 55 years old who does not have chronic diseases. Also, this person must have negative tests for HIV, hepatitis B and C.
Those wishing to donate blood plasma can contact the hotline by phone: +7 (495) 870-45-16, which works daily from 09:00 to 19:00.
There are eight points for plasma delivery in the city:
– Blood Center named after O.K. Gavrilov (Baku street, building 31);
– Blood Center named after O.K. Gavrilov (Polikarpova street, house 14, building 2);
– Research Institute of Emergency Medicine named after N.V. Sklifosovsky (Bolshaya Sukharevskaya square, building 3, building 12);
– City Clinical Hospital No. 52 (Pekhotnaya Street, Building 3, Building 1);
– city clinical hospital named after M.P. Konchalovsky (Zelenograd, Kashtanovaya Alley, Building 2, Building 5);
– city clinical hospital named after A.K. Eramishantseva (15 Lenskaya street);
– city clinical hospital № 67 named after L.А. Vorokhobov (Salyam Adil street, 2/44);
– city clinical hospital No. 1 named after N.I. Pirogov (Leninsky prospect, house 10, building 1).
To date, 20 thousand people have become donors. The city harvested more than 13 tons of plasma. At the beginning, 200-300 people took it a month, and now their number reaches every month three to four thousand…
More about the prevention of coronavirus and methods of dealing with the disease – in special project mos.ru
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and or sentence structure not be perfect.