MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –
In Tula, the 77th anniversary of the formation of the 106th Guards Airborne Red Banner Order of Kutuzov of the II degree of the division was celebrated.
As part of the event, a solemn meeting dedicated to the significant date and the laying of flowers at the monument to the paratroopers who died in the line of duty, established on the territory of the Dmitry Donskoy Guards Airborne Assault Regiment, took place.
Speaking to the personnel, the commander of the Tula unit of the guard, Colonel Yevgeny Tonkikh, congratulated the entire personnel of the unit on the next anniversary and wished them good health, success in service, improving their professional skills and a peaceful sky.
At the end of the event, the commander of the formation presented the distinguished servicemen with valuable gifts and certificates, the scouts showed demonstration performances with hand-to-hand combat techniques and a tactical episode, the units marched in a solemn march.
In addition, the personnel of the division’s divisions make a great contribution to the patriotic education of pre-conscription youth, including participating in lessons in courage, lightning and sports days.
The Suvorovites of the Tula Suvorov School and the Yunarmeys took part in the holiday. They visited exhibition sites with modern models of small arms and equipment in service with the Airborne Forces, tried to pack a parachute and tasted soldier’s porridge.
77 years ago, during the period of fierce battles, the formation glorified in the fire of battles began its existence.
On March 17, 1944, for the capture of the city of Mor (Hungary), by Order of the Supreme Commander-in-Chief No. 306, she was awarded the first order – the Order of Kutuzov, II degree.
In the course of prolonged and stubborn battles, units of the division crossed the Traisen Canal and, in cooperation with units of the 106th Guards Rifle Division, captured a large junction of railway and highways and an enemy stronghold in the city of St. Pölten. For their courage and bravery, the personnel of the division were grateful to the Supreme Commander-in-Chief Comrade Stalin (Order of the Supreme Commander-in-Chief No. 336 of 04/15/1944).
The unit took part in all wars and armed conflicts, including the evacuation of the government from the Republic of Afghanistan and the establishment of constitutional order in the Republic of Chechnya, the events in Georgia.
On April 26, 1944, the division was awarded the Order of the Red Banner. This day began to be considered the day of the formation of the connection.
The division is currently equipped with the most modern types of weapons, military and special equipment, landing and communications equipment.
Particular attention is paid to the combat training of subunits, the development of their practical skills and abilities to the point of automatism. The airborne forces are widely used in the compound and the latest technology is BMD-4M, BTR-MDM and many others, Strelets complexes and the newest parachute systems “Arbalet”.
During its glorious history, the division has trained 28 Heroes of the Soviet Union and Heroes of Russia. More than 52,000 servicemen were awarded orders and 4,500 medals.
On August 13, 2015, by the decree of the President of the Russian Federation, the division was given the honorary name “Tulskaya”.
The unit is commanded by Colonel Yevgeny Tonkikh.
Today, the paratroopers of the famous formation continue to improve their combat skills and are ready to perform any assigned tasks!
1 2 3 4 5
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and / or sentence structure not be perfect.