MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –
Photo by M. Denisov. Mos.ru
About 150 volunteers of the capital collect the wishes of Muscovites addressed to front-line soldiers and heroes of the home front at eight sites in the city.
The action “Congratulate the veteran” is taking place in Moscow. Everyone can sign postcards with congratulations for front-line soldiers and heroes of the rear and put them in special boxes installed at popular city sites. On the eve of the holiday, volunteers will pass on all their wishes to the addressees. On the first day of the action, Muscovites signed over a thousand postcards for the heroes of the war years.
The promotion will last until May 6. You can find volunteers and send a greeting card every day from 15:00 to 18:00 at eight sites:
– at Teatralnaya Square next to the Bolshoi Theater;
– in Gorky Park on Leninskaya Square, behind the main entrance;
– in the Muzeon park on the Crimean embankment next to the dry fountain;
– in the Zaryadye park next to the main entrance;
– on Manezhnaya Square next to the World Clock fountain;
– on Pushkinskaya Square next to the monument to A.S. Pushkin;
– in Kamergersky lane near the monument to K.S. Stanislavsky and V.I. Nemirovich-Danchenko;
– in the Hermitage garden near the central entrance.
About 150 volunteers will take part in the action “Congratulate the veteran”. Throughout May and June 2021, Moscow volunteers will accompany other patriotic events dedicated to the 76th anniversary of the victory in the Great Patriotic War. Anyone can join the volunteer corps, for this you need to register on the website resource center “Mosvolonter”.
Last year, more than 3.5 thousand people joined the volunteer corps for the 75th anniversary of Victory. Moscow volunteers supported the events “Flowers of Victory”, “Gift to a Veteran”, “Letter of Victory”, “St. George Ribbon” and other events for war veterans. For example, volunteers of the #WeVaTogether self-help marathon handed over 6.5 thousand congratulatory letters to the addressees and made about 1.5 thousand calls to the heroes living in Moscow to wish them health and thank them for their heroic deed.
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and or sentence structure not be perfect.