MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –
Activists will lay flowers at 22 monuments in the capital.
On May 8, young people of the city and students of Moscow universities will take part in the “Flowers of Victory” action, which will be held in honor of the 76th anniversary of victory in the Great Patriotic War. Participants of the action will lay flowers at 22 monuments and monuments in the capital at the request of veterans who will not have the opportunity to do so.
The action “Flowers of Victory” will be held in the capital for the second time – for the first time it took place last year. Then the veterans, who observed the regime of self-isolation, asked to visit the memorial sites and lay flowers in gratitude to the heroic deeds of the war heroes.
The promotion will take place from 10:00 to 12:00. Its starting point will be the obelisk “Moscow – Hero City” near Dorogomilovskaya Zastava. There, activists will lay flowers with the participation of Ekaterina Dragunova, Chair of the Committee for Public Relations and Youth Policy of the city of Moscow. In addition, a company of the guard of honor and a military band will march at the obelisk.
Before each laying, the participants of the action will record videos. In them, students and volunteers will tell, on the initiative of which veteran they laid flowers, and also share the history of the monument.
Anyone can join the action. All you need to do is post a photo or video on social networks with the hashtag #Victory Flowers. In the publication it is necessary to tell a short history of the feat of the veteran and those people in whose memory flowers were laid.
Representatives of the youth projects “Moscow Dialogue”, “Test Moscow”, “MediaShUM”, “Student League Stand-up”, “On the District”, “VRabote”, “Debuttle”, “CyberMoscow”, will take part in the action “Flowers of Victory” “City of Heroes Moscow”, as well as activists of youth non-profit organizations, including the Russian student brigades, the Russian Youth Union, the All-Russian Student Rescue Corps, the All-Russian Interethnic Youth Union, the Student Coordination Council of the Trade Union, the International Association of Student Television.
Flowers will be laid according to the following schedule:
– Obelisk “Moscow – Hero City” (Dorogomilovskaya Zastava Square);
– burial of twice Hero of the Soviet Union, honorary citizen of the city of Moscow, pilot V.I. Popkova (Luzhnetsky passage, possession 2, Novodevichye cemetery, section 11);
– a monument to the Solovetsky Yungs (Solovetsky Yung Square, Lilac Boulevard).
– a monument to children – prisoners of Nazi concentration camps in the park named after the 30th anniversary of Victory (Chertanovo Central, between Kirovogradskaya and Chertanovskaya streets).
– the main monument to the victory in the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945 (Victory Square, building 3, building 2);
– the monument to the Medical Warriors – Heroes of the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945 (Bolshaya Pirogovskaya Street, 2/6);
– the grave of the participant of the Great Patriotic War B.V. Trusevich (Nalichnaya street, possession 1, Vvedenskoye cemetery, section 11);
– a monument to civil aviation pilots who died in the battles of the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945 (8 Bolshaya Vnukovskaya Street).
– the monumental group “People’s Militias” (square on the street Narodnogo Opolcheniya, building 20, building 1).
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and or sentence structure not be perfect.