MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –
EMERCOM of Russia has determined the winners of the Emergency DataHack open online competition in the field of artificial intelligence with the assistance of the Research Data Infrastructure (INID) project. The event took place from 28 to 30 May.
About 400 people from Russian cities and foreign countries applied for participation. As a result, 45 teams solved three real-life problems of predicting emergencies on rivers and federal highways. 23 teams of participants reached the final, 12 became winners.
Deputy Minister of EMERCOM of Russia Viktor Nichiporchuk thanked all the participants for the work done. “Specialists in data and artificial intelligence were solving problems aimed at choosing new approaches to prevent emergencies using modern technologies. I am sure that the proposed solutions will find their practical application in the activities of the Russian Emergencies Ministry and will make our life safer and more comfortable. Such events have proven their effectiveness, so we plan to initiate them in the future, ”he said.
Competitors developed machine learning models (ML-models) to predict ice congestion and the maximum water level on the Lena River, as well as the occurrence of road accidents on federal highways. The best solutions will be implemented in the work of the department.
Winners of the first track: “Determination of the probability of ice jams on the Lena River in the spring”:
1. Team “Why not” (Tatiana Derienko, Olga Moreva, Katerina Semiroz, Alexey Ustinov)
2. Team “Zvezdochka” (Gleb Erofeev, Daniil Gafni, Sergey Fironov)
3. Team “KageLol” (Evgeny Malygin, Maxim Kharlamov, Artyom Katsura, Ivan Malygin, Maria Sakirkina)
A special prize was awarded to the “Bonjour” team (Artem Konshin, Maria Krivosheeva, Alexey Bocharov, Ekaterina Ippolitova).
Winners of the second track: “Predicting the growth of the maximum water level on the Lena River in the spring”:
1. Team “NSS_lab team” (Gleb Maksimov, Ilya Revin, Mikhail Maslyaev, Mikhail Sarafanov, Yulia Borisova)
2. Team “Moscow Hares” (Daniil Stepanov, Anna Belyaeva, Nikita Nikitenko)
3. Team “Hurricane Wolves Auf” (Mikhail Maryin, Ilya Dudnik, Dmitry Simakov, Andrey Tarasov)
A special prize was awarded to the Geoverflow team (Pavel Kolichko, Alexandra Oberemok, Sergey Saraev, Ulyumdzhi Ulyumdzhiev, Margarita Pashkina).
Winners of the third track: “Predicting the likelihood of an accident”:
1. Team “TRAPXATA” (Polina Koroleva, Yuri Sergeev, Evgeny Esingildinov)
2. Team “DataMotion” (Georgy Rak, Ilya Revin, Evgeny Munin, Vladislav Utkin)
3. Team “Rabooging” (Sofya Burmistrova, Grigory Kulagin, Anton Zheronkin)
The “Dark Souls” team (Tatiana Nekrasova, Lyudmila Nekrasova, Daniil Kuznetsov) received a special prize.
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and / or sentence structure not be perfect.