MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –
Engineering networks will be replaced in buildings, facades, roofs, basements and entrances will be repaired.
Major repairs will take place in nine houses in the west and northwest of the capital. In buildings located in seven districts, the replacement of engineering systems for water disposal, hot and cold water supply, and heat supply will be carried out. Facades, roofs, basements and house entrances will also be repaired.
The overhaul program in Ochakovo-Matveyevsky includes a five-story building built in 1960 (Elena Kolesova Street, 3). These were actively built in Moscow from the mid-1950s to the 1960s. In total, 180 houses of this series were built in the capital.
The building has the shape of a bracket – from the side of the street the facade is flat, and from the courtyard there are three ledges. The cladding is made with red bricks.
The second house in this area, included in the overhaul program, is located at 12 Ozernaya Street. The five-story building was built in 1955 according to an individual project on Michurin Street of the Matveevsky state farm. However, in 1960 the state farm became part of Moscow, and in 1961 the street was renamed Ozernaya.
Despite the seeming simplicity, the post-war five-story buildings have a high margin of safety. Their service life is up to 150 years. The height of the ceilings in the apartments is three meters, standard for stalinkas. On the left and right, the building is connected to two neighboring residential buildings. Therefore, the five-story building has two through passages in the form of arches. The main entrance from the side of the street is decorated with stucco molding. The balconies are supported by curly consoles.
Renovation work has also begun at 35 on Lomonosovsky Prospekt. It was built in 1960 according to a standard design. The main feature of such buildings is brick walls, the thickness of which reaches 51 centimeters, which provides good sound and heat insulation. There is a passenger lift in the entrances. There are no load-bearing walls in the apartments, which means that redevelopment can be easily carried out.
Local residents call the house a professorial one: at one time, housing here was issued only to employees and teachers of the Moscow State University named after M.V. Lomonosov. Here, for example, lived the Dean of the Faculty of Philosophy Vasily Molodtsov, who headed it for 16 years.
The five-storey building erected in 1960 on Bolshaya Filevskaya Street (house 41, building 1) will also be renovated as part of a regional program. This building is a brick Khrushchev.
A clear advantage of this series of houses is the ability of the owners to make redevelopment, having previously coordinated it with the gas company. All apartments have a balcony. The house is also equipped with a garbage chute.
The four-storey brick house at 11 Kuntsevskaya Street was built in 1957. Initially, it was located on Stalin Street in the Workers’ Village, the territory of which became part of Moscow in 1960. Previously, this place was also called the country of Limonia – because of the bright lemon-yellow facade paint that covered many houses.
The village was built up in the same style. Mostly four-storey apartment buildings were located here. Most of the residential buildings were built in the second half of the 1940s and early 1950s. The blocks here are mostly of a closed type, with courtyards. Later buildings also tried to fit into the architecture of the area as much as possible.
The brick high-rise building, built according to an individual project in 1958 at the address: Victory Square, Building 2, Building 1, is part of the square’s ensemble, the improvement of which began in the early 1950s. It was supposed to become the front gate of Moscow, because it was there that the city once ended.
The facade windows of the 12-storey building face directly onto the Arc de Triomphe. The influence of the Stalinist Empire style in the decor is almost imperceptible: by the time it was commissioned in the USSR, they had been actively fighting against architectural excesses for several years. As a result, the facade decor is deliberately simple: the strict geometry of windows, bay windows and interfloor cornices. The first three floors are faced with sand-colored bricks, the rest are of a brighter shade. One of the priority tasks of the upcoming home renovation is to clean and strengthen the seams without disturbing the historical appearance of the building.
The apartment building at 4 Kutuzovsky Prospect is better known not as an example of Stalinist architecture, but as the place of the mysterious death of Soviet actress Zoya Fedorova. The woman was shot in the back of the head with a German pistol in her own apartment. The crime was never solved. Maya Plisetskaya and Rodion Shchedrin, actors Sergei Gurzo and Nikolai Bogolyubov once lived here.
The building itself was built in 1957 according to an individual project. According to the plan, the restrained Stalinist Empire style was supposed to create a ceremonial atmosphere. The house really looks solemn, although it is decorated rather modestly. There is a cornice between the eighth and ninth floors. The windows of the last three floors are framed by red brick. In addition, there are two austere rectangular arches.
In Khoroshevo-Mnevniki, a five-story building will be repaired at the address: 3rd Khoroshevskaya Street, Building 5, Building 1. It was built in 1960 according to a standard design. Such houses were designed by a Moscow specialized architectural and design bureau and were built mainly in the period from 1958 to 1969. They are distinguished by good sound and heat insulation. However, the construction of such buildings took about seven months and therefore was replaced by panel housing construction.
An unusual house at the address: Podmoskovnaya Street, 8a was built according to an individual project 70 years ago. It stands out for its non-standard shape – the building has a variable number of storeys. Its central part is four stories high, two side entrances are three. The house, erected in the post-war years, is devoid of any architectural decorations. But the main feature of the Stalinists has been preserved – high ceilings.
Until 1960, the land on which the building stands belonged to the city of Tushino, formed in 1938. But already in August 1960, Tushino became part of Moscow.
The work in all these houses is part of a large-scale regional overhaul programs… They are made in strict accordance with building standards.
The Capital Fund for Major Repairs of Apartment Buildings is doing everything possible to ensure that the work does not cause inconvenience to residents. If you have any questions or complaints, you can contact us by phone: +7 (495) 695-64-20.
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and or sentence structure not be perfect.