Post sponsored by NewzEngine.com

MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –

Photo by M. Mishin. Press Service of the Mayor and the Moscow Government

After the illness, it is advisable to vaccinate in six months.

In the near future, revaccination against COVID-19 will be available in the capital, said Anastasia Rakova, Deputy Mayor of Moscow for Social Development.

“There are already more than 1.2 million people in the case register. We follow the patients after the end of the disease. And, unfortunately, we see repeated cases of coronavirus disease. Recurrence rates have doubled in the past two weeks, according to a single digital healthcare platform. In addition, experts record the spread of the Indian strain, which behaves more aggressively and requires a higher level of antibodies to protect against it. Therefore, in the presence of such a strong virus, according to most experts, in order to increase the guarantee of protection six months after the end of the disease, it is advisable to be vaccinated, ”said the deputy mayor.

Anastasia Rakova also noted that the presence of antibodies is not a contraindication to vaccination and does not guarantee that a person cannot be a carrier of the virus. In addition, there is no single method for measuring the level of antibodies sufficient to create immunity in a person, and a system for assessing the effectiveness and speed of their adaptation to mutating strains of the virus. Therefore, vaccination will help increase protection against COVID-19.

“The demand for re-vaccinations has really grown. This is especially true for those who were vaccinated in the fall or winter. In the face of such a sharp deterioration in the epidemiological situation, I understand the fears of people. Many want to increase their defenses and get vaccinated again to minimize their risk of illness. For example, I myself am revaccinated. Just yesterday at the federal level it was announced that revaccination in an unfavorable epidemiological situation is necessary for citizens six months after the first vaccination. In the near future, we will begin to re-admit people at our vaccination points, ”said Anastasia Rakova.

Vaccination can be done in the absence of a medical outlet. Vaccination should be temporarily postponed only in case of acute infectious diseases, emergency conditions and exacerbation of serious chronic diseases.

The deputy mayor also recalled that in Moscow introduced compulsory vaccination of 60 percent of workers in the service sector. They can be vaccinated with any approved vaccine. The remaining 40 percent includes those who have temporary medical wards, those who have had coronavirus, and other people at the discretion of the organizations themselves.

She said that there is no need to provide a certificate of the availability of a medical outlet to the Moscow Government – experts conduct an automatic reconciliation of data on vaccinated workers with a single register and monitor the implementation of the indicator of 60 percent.

“The total number of employees who are subject to compulsory vaccination is about 3.5-4 million, so it is difficult to imagine an organization in which more than 40 percent of the staff have very serious illnesses or have been ill with coronavirus over the past six months. Nevertheless, we admit that such controversial situations may arise on rare occasions. And the specialists of the specially created call center will individually disassemble each of them, ”added Anastasia Rakova.

By appointment, anyone over the age of 18 can get vaccinated against coronavirus infection at one of 100 points based on city polyclinics. You can get vaccinated without an appointment in popular public places where mobile teams work. The Healthy Moscow pavilions are now open only for vaccination against COVID-19 and are open until everyone is vaccinated during the day. Moreover, graft you can in private clinics.

You can sign up for a vaccination on the portals mos.ru and emias.info, in the mobile applications “Moscow State Services”, “My Moscow” and “EMIAS.INFO”, as well as through information kiosks in the city’s polyclinics.

EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and or sentence structure not be perfect.

MIL OSI Russia News