MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –
On September 7, in the city of Dudinka (Krasnoyarsk Territory), the head of the Russian Emergencies Ministry, Yevgeny Zinichev, launched a large-scale interdepartmental experimental research exercise in the Arctic. They involve seven regions – from the Murmansk region to the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug.
In Arctic conditions, on water and land, 6 thousand specialists will work out 12 scenarios for eliminating possible emergencies and solve almost 100 experimental research problems. 47 new models of equipment, equipment and methodologies will be tested. Interaction was organized between 18 federal executive bodies and state corporations, as well as 5 economic entities of the Russian Federation.
In the mode of videoconference, the Minister heard the representatives of the subjects organizing the exercises on the readiness of the forces and means of the RSChS to carry out training tasks.
“The exercises are taking place in the regions that directly border on the water area of the Northern Sea Route. And this is the first time that such events are held in the Arctic. The format, geography, quantity and composition of the forces and means involved confirm its uniqueness. The competence of each participating specialist is important and in demand. And the situations that are being worked out are typical for the Arctic region, ”noted E. Zinichev.
After the ceremonial launch, the head of the department personally supervised the elimination of conditional emergencies at three training points. The grouping of forces and equipment in the region involved in the exercises is more than 840 people and over 150 pieces of equipment, including 18 watercraft and 4 aircraft.
In the Dudinsky port, the units extinguished a simulated fire on the Avraamy Zavenyagin icebreaker carrying hazardous chemicals. There, as a result of the accident, a chlorine leak began. Fire extinguishing was carried out, among other things, with the help of the development – a portable fire extinguishing device “UDAV-10”.
At a large oil depot, according to legend, there was an explosion of a steam-air mixture located under the roof of a vertical steel tank with a volume of 5 thousand cubic meters, followed by the combustion of oil products. To effectively extinguish such a complex fire, for the first time, unique laser equipment was involved – the technological hole he created in the wall of the tank allowed robots to supply fire extinguishing agents directly to the tank. The elimination of the conditional emergency was also accelerated by the use of prototypes of all-terrain vehicles “Burlak” and “Purga” with monitors for feeding foam.
At the same time, when pumping oil products into the tank farm, a conditional spill of diesel fuel occurred at the oil depot, followed by its ingress into the water area of the Yenisei River. For localization, specialists used a special retaining wall with sorbing booms. The collection of oil products from the water surface with a skimmer and pumping into prefabricated frame containers, as well as work on the collection of contaminated soil, were promptly carried out.
On the island of Kabatsky, units successfully extinguished a tundra fire using aviation and the latest technologies. According to legend, the fire reached the coastline of the island and spread in two directions. For liquidation, a group of rescuers with fire-fighting equipment was parachuted, among which there are three parachute-cargo systems with snow and swamp-going vehicles, motor pumps and knapsack fire extinguishers, inflatable boats. For the first time, a system was used for the landing of highly passable small-sized and robotic equipment. During the liquidation of the conditional emergency, the rescuers carried out a unique experiment: a special robotic complex installed a protective quick-hardening foam. The Be-200ES aircraft and rescuers on three boats were also involved.
The Minister stressed that the peculiarity of the Arctic region is its remoteness, difficult natural and climatic conditions and limited transport accessibility. All this can affect the scale of possible emergencies and their consequences, and therefore the EMERCOM of Russia pays great attention to this territory. “The work of the RSChS units today at the exercises has shown that any tasks can be solved. Each scenario for the elimination of conventional emergencies is focused on improving existing or developing new rescue technologies in the Arctic, and a comprehensive analysis will be carried out based on the results of two training days. This will make it possible to more effectively develop the emergency rescue infrastructure and solve the full range of issues related to ensuring security in the Arctic region, ”E. Zinichev emphasized.
During a working visit to Dudinka, the head of the Russian Emergencies Ministry got acquainted with the operating conditions of the field camp of the department’s mobile group. Later, he will visit a number of significant sites.
The exercises were organized on September 7-8 in accordance with the instructions of Russian President Vladimir Putin. In addition to Russian specialists, they are attended by 50 foreign delegates from 20 countries (Finland, Denmark, USA, Canada, Norway, etc.) both in person and by video conferencing, including representatives of the International Civil Defense Organization and the World Wildlife Fund. nature. In addition to training points, the business program includes 9 events in 6 cities of Russia.
Examples of equipment used in the Krasnoyarsk Territory in the elimination of the consequences of conditional emergencies:
1. Robotic complex of explosion-fire prevention and chemical protection “Purga-100”. Developed by NPO SOPOT LLC. It is designed to operate in areas of increased explosive and fire hazardous conditions, leakage of hazardous chemically hazardous substances and radioactive materials. The complex is mounted on an electromechanical platform, equipped with a superstructure with an automatic system providing the supply of jets of water and air-mechanical foam, as well as equipment for obtaining fast-hardening foam based on structured silica particles.
2. Mobile laser complex. Developed by Rosatom. Designed for remote cutting of thick-walled metal structures at a distance of up to 100 meters from the object. Allows to carry out underwater gas-laser cutting, liquidation of oil spills by arson and liquidation of the consequences of accidents at gas and oil wells.
3. Cargo parachute system PGS-1000. The technology belongs to the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia and PromKompozit LLC. This is a set of devices designed for the landing of supply cargoes weighing from 300 to 1000 kg from IL-76 aircraft. PGS-1000 ensures complete safety of cargo when they are dropped from transport aircraft at flight speeds of 260-350 km / h from altitudes of 300-7000 m above the site located at sea level.
4. Landing complex of rescue craft (DKPS). Developed by the Ministry of Emergencies of Russia and OOO NPP DANA. It is intended for dropping into the disaster area bundles of 4 rescue craft from an aircraft equipped for landing parachute-cargo systems at flight speeds of 250-350 km / h from altitudes from 150 to 500 m.
5. Specialized two-component composition for fire extinguishing (SDKP). The technology belongs to OOO NPO SOPOT. The tool is a water-filled composition, on the basis of which a gel-like foam substance (hardening foam) is formed from the liquid component A as a result of mixing with component B and air, which has increased fire resistance and opposes the flame temperature within more than 2-3 hours.
6. Portable fire extinguishing device “UDAV”. Developed by the Ural Institute of the State Fire Service of the EMERCOM of Russia. A distinctive feature is a low consumption of fire extinguishing liquid, low weight of the structure. Carries out extinguishing, including electrical installations under voltage up to 1 kV.
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and / or sentence structure not be perfect.