MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –
19 September 2021, 08:01
Since 2008, more than 3,100 people have become honorary donors of Moscow.
More than 300 Muscovites received the title of “Honorary Donor of Moscow” in 2021.
“In 2021, 322 people have already received the title of“ Honorary Donor of Moscow ”in Moscow. Every year more and more donors receive this status, which indicates a conscious attitude towards donation, the desire of Muscovites to donate blood on a regular basis to help doctors in Moscow hospitals save lives. For more than ten years, the Moscow Government has been actively encouraging the contribution of citizens to the development of the donor movement through social support measures. Since 2008, more than 3,100 people have become honorary donors of Moscow since 2008, ”said Olga Mayorova, chief physician of the O.K. Gavrilov.
Honorary donors of Moscow are awarded the appropriate certificate and badge, and they are also entitled to the following measures of social support:
– free travel on all types of urban passenger transport in Moscow (except for taxis), as well as on public railway transport in suburban traffic outside the Small Ring of the Moscow Railway;
– a 50 percent discount on utility bills within the social norm of housing area and utility consumption standards, regardless of the type of housing stock;
– 50 percent discount on the provision of medicines;
– free production and repair of dentures (except for the cost of paying for the cost of precious metals and metal ceramics), for medical reasons in medical organizations of the state health care system of the city of Moscow.
In the first year after receiving the title, the above measures of social support are provided on the basis of the “Honorary Donor of Moscow” certificate. In the future, in the second and subsequent years – on the basis of the certificate “Honorary Donor of Moscow” and documents confirming the donation of blood at least three times or plasma at least seven times annually in medical organizations and scientific organizations of the city Department of Health.
Citizens who donated free of charge can become an honorary donor of Moscow:
– whole blood and (or) its components (except for blood plasma) 20 or more times (up to 40);
– whole blood and (or) its components 13 or more times and blood plasma 20 or more times (up to 40);
– whole blood and (or) its components less than 13 times and blood plasma 30 or more times (up to 60);
– blood plasma 30 or more times (up to 60).
Erythrocyte and platelet donation is equivalent to whole blood donation.
In the absence of contraindications, citizens over 18 years of age can become a blood donor. The addresses of medical organizations and the rules for preparing for donation are published on website…
Also, donors who have undergone coronavirus infection, vaccinated with Sputnik V and revaccinated with Sputnik Light are invited to donate plasma with antibodies to COVID-19. Anticoid plasma obtained from such donors is used in the treatment of patients with COVID-19.
When donating immune plasma free of charge, the donation can be counted in the amount required to obtain the status of “Honorary Donor of Moscow” or “Honorary Donor of Russia”.
You can sign up for the delivery of plasma with antibodies to COVID-19 by calling the hotline: +7 (495) 870-45-16 (daily from 09:00 to 19:00).
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and or sentence structure not be perfect.