MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –
September 21, 2021, 15:44
Among the monuments – the memorial complex “Zaitseva Gora”, the Long Hill and the memorial in memory of the soldiers of the 53rd and 17th rifle divisions.
The Moscow government will provide interbudgetary transfers to the Kaluga and Smolensk regions in the amount of 37.6 million rubles. The funds are intended for the repair of monuments to the divisions of the Moscow people’s militia. Orders on this issue were signed at a meeting of the Presidium of the Moscow Government Sergei Sobyanin…
In the Kaluga Region, it is planned to repair and improve the Zaitseva Gora memorial complex, the 1941 memorial in memory of the soldiers of the 53rd and 17th rifle divisions, the field of military glory of 1812 and 1941 – the Dlinnaya Heights.
The following memorials will be repaired in the Smolensk Region:
– the mass grave of Soviet soldiers who died in battles with the Nazi invaders in 1941-1943;
– the mass grave of 316 Soviet soldiers who died in battles with the Nazi invaders January 28, 1942 – September 20, 1943;
– a memorable place where, in October 1941, the troops of the Red Army, having broken through the defenses of Hitler’s troops, provided an exit from the encirclement of units and formations of the 19th, 20th, 24th and 32nd armies;
– the memorial “Mother of God” and the park of memory “Vyazma. October 1941 “;
– a monument to the militia of the 13th division of the people’s militia;
– fraternal military burial “Field of memory No. 17–38”.
Renovation and improvement of military monuments and memorials is one of the main events in celebration of the 80th anniversary of the Soviet counteroffensive in the battle of Moscow.
Sergei Sobyanin signed an order to double the amount of material aid to veterans for the 80th anniversary of the Battle of MoscowSergei Sobyanin instructed to award the sign “80 years of the battle for Moscow” to all veterans who defended the capital
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and or sentence structure not be perfect.