MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –
It houses an ice arena, rhythmic gymnastics, hockey training and fencing centers, as well as a multi-purpose gym and fitness center.
The Chkalov Arena complex will become the core of the sports cluster, which will be located on the territory of the former Tushino airfield. This was reported by Sergei Sobyanin… The Moscow Mayor visited the multifunctional sports complex together with the Minister of Sports of Russia Oleg Matytsin and the President of the Russian Olympic Committee Stanislav Pozdnyakov.
“In general, a lot of first-class world-class centers appear in Moscow. In sequence. Such a private project has been implemented here in Tushino, ”said Sergei Sobyanin.
The Chkalov Arena will offer swimming, fencing, gymnastics, figure skating, hockey and other sports.
“It is good for athletes and, of course, for a large number of people who live and will live nearby. We are starting the construction of such large sports clusters, ”the Moscow Mayor said.
Russian Sports Minister Oleg Matytsin thanked Sergei Sobyanin and investors for the teamwork.
“It is very important that conditions have been created here not only for professional sports, for national teams, but also, as Sergei Semenovich said, there is a large complex here and a lot of new families will come to live here. There will be schools and kindergartens here, and, of course, it is very important that the kids will be guided by you, take an example from you and also go in for sports. And this is very important, because sport unites, forms and strengthens the family. And sport, probably, forms pride in the city in which people live. Muscovites have something to be proud of, ”said the Minister.
Oleg Matytsin also wished the athletes health, victories, continue to actively engage in sports and inspire people with his example.
The complex development of the territory of the former Tushino airfield is taking place on the basis of the order of the owner – the Government of the Russian Federation, as well as urban planning decisions adopted by the Government of Moscow.
On an area of over 200 hectares, it is planned to provide comfortable living conditions for about 40 thousand people, as well as about 30 thousand jobs. The total development fund for the new district will amount to over two million square meters of real estate. There will be residential buildings, schools, kindergartens, a clinic, sports complexes and a sports medicine center, an Orthodox church, a business park, shopping and other facilities. In addition, modern public spaces will be created in parks and on the Moskva River embankment. The project is being implemented through private investment.
In order to improve the transport accessibility of the new district, the Spartak metro station of the Tagansko-Krasnopresnenskaya line was opened in 2014. By the end of 2021, it is planned to complete the reconstruction of the Volokolamskoe highway.
In 2014, the first large facility was commissioned on the territory of the former airfield – the Spartak football stadium with 45 thousand seats. In 2017, a training base, consisting of six open fields, and a parking lot were opened next to it. In 2018, the arena hosted the FIFA World Cup matches. In 2021, the construction of the largest business park in Russia, Rostec City, was completed, as well as the Chkalov Arena sports complex at 73 Letnaya Street.
Now the construction and settlement of residential buildings continues. Social infrastructure facilities are being built: kindergartens and schools, as well as a spiritual and cultural center with an Orthodox church. It is planned to complete the implementation of the project for the integrated development of the territory of the former Tushino airfield by 2032.
The construction of a multifunctional sports complex on Letnaya Street began in September 2019 and was completed in May 2021. The name of the complex was chosen to preserve the historical continuity of the place. Before the closure of the airfield, the Chkalov Central Aero Club worked here for many years.
The facades of the Chkalov Arena are finished with lamellas and perforated cassettes with ornaments. Panoramic windows on the first floor provide soft natural light. In addition, such a solution visually lightens the impressive volume of the building and allows those who wish to observe the training, and the athletes – to admire the scenery outside the window. For protection from direct sunlight, motorized blinds are provided.
The building has modern engineering equipment. During the construction, energy-saving solutions were applied, including heat recovery in ventilation systems.
The total area of the sports complex with variable number of storeys (from three to five floors) is 32.8 thousand square meters. It consists of several blocks with changing rooms, medical rooms, as well as coaching and referee rooms.
– an ice arena with an area of 12.5 thousand square meters with two sites: 30 by 60 meters (Olympic standard) with stands for 210 seats and 26 by 56 meters (North American standard) with stands for 126 seats. The ideal ice cover will be convenient for training professional athletes. With facilities for washing, drying and storing equipment, they don’t have to carry their uniforms with them to workout and back home. Skate rental with a sharpening point will make mass skating comfortable;
– a hockey training center, where a special technical training zone with synthetic ice is equipped for dribbling, training in throwing technique, development and consolidation of skills under the “Play with your head up” program using special simulators for hockey players of different ages and levels of training. There is also an artificial turf area for athletics, coordination and play training for athletes, which includes a plyometric slide to develop special motor skills and strengthen various muscle groups. There is also a zone with a polyurethane coating for complex circular training for the development of coordination, balance, agility and speed of reaction, as well as for training to strengthen the musculoskeletal system of children from four years old and older athletes – training on TRX (total body resistance exercise) and strength training, crossfit;
– a center for rhythmic gymnastics with an area of 5.3 thousand square meters with two gymnastics halls, which can be transformed into halls for team sports, and collapsible stands for 500 people. High 16-meter ceilings will allow athletes with the highest level of training to train;
– a multipurpose sports hall with an area of one thousand square meters with a separate entrance and changing rooms, designed for playing basketball, volleyball, mini-football, handball and badminton. The area of the hall allows you to divide it into two parts and hold two games at the same time. Specialized parquet flooring with a two-layer shock-absorbing system and a sports floor with a high coefficient of friction will protect against injuries to the ankle joints;
– a fencing center with an area of 2.7 thousand square meters with 12 fencing tracks;
– a fitness center with an area of 4.6 thousand square meters with a 25-meter swimming pool with four lanes.
A number of additional services are available to the visitors of the Chkalov Arena. For example, in a specialized store you can buy high quality sports equipment, as well as souvenirs with sports symbols. Those interested can visit the beauty salon, have a snack in the restaurant or have a cup of tea in the cafe. There are also organized parking spaces, including 90 underground parking spaces and 57 spaces in the adjacent territory.
Now in the sports complex “Chkalov Arena” professional athletes train under the guidance of prominent domestic coaches, including Irina Viner-Usmanova (rhythmic gymnastics), Ilgar Mamedov (fencing), Nina Moser (figure skating). Pupils of the Chernyshev Dynamo hockey academy are also trained here.
Development of the sports infrastructure of Moscow
Since 2011, about 150 sports infrastructure facilities have been built as part of the Moscow Sports state program. Including, since the beginning of 2021, 17 facilities have been commissioned, including a service center for street sports in Luzhniki, a sports and recreation complex (FOC) with a swimming pool in Zelenograd (Kryukovo district, communal area Aleksandrovka, passage No. 624), FOC with a diagnostic center on Khalturinskaya street in the Preobrazhenskoye area, the Chkalov Arena sports complex on Letnaya street in the Pokrovskoye-Streshnevo area, ice palaces in Solntsevo, Nekrasovka and Marushkin.
In the near future, it is planned to complete the construction of about 20 more facilities, including:
– facilities on the territory of the Luzhniki Olympic complex, including the international sambo center and boxing center;
– three football fields, two of them in the 9th microdistrict of Zelenograd (near building 919 and near Columbus square) and one at the address: Paustovsky street, possession 6, building 2;
– track and field athletics arena for sports school number 82 at the address: Engineering Street, possession 5a;
– VMH-velodrome at the address: Angarskaya street, possession 45.
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and or sentence structure not be perfect.