Post sponsored by NewzEngine.com

MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –

October 26, 2021 07:02 am

Share this

Photo by E. Samarin. Mos.ru

For each house, project documentation is developed, which undergoes state expertise.

Over six thousand roofs of houses have been repaired in the capital since 2015, when the implementation of the major overhaul program began. This year, it is planned to put in order 1,353 roofs with a total area of ​​about two million square meters, said in the Fund for the overhaul of apartment buildings in Moscow.

Basically, these are flat surfaced roofs, 60 percent of them. The remaining 40 percent are metal pitched. Most of all this year in the program got the roofs of the Central Administrative District (267).

The complex of works includes a complete replacement of the old roofing, repair of slab joints, places where the roof adjoins to gables and cornices, as well as repair or replacement of fences. For each house, its own project documentation is developed, which undergoes state expertise.

Repair of a flat roof is carried out exclusively at positive temperatures. Work begins with the dismantling of the old waterproofing – these are several layers of roofing material on a cardboard base, under which there is a reinforced sand-concrete screed. If it needs repair, then it is re-cast. A polymer-bitumen material is laid on top of the screed. It is based on polyester that can withstand sudden changes in temperature.

Pitched roof repairs can be carried out all year round. The old coating is changed to galvanized metal, and to increase the energy efficiency of the house, the attic floors are insulated with mineral wool or basalt slabs. The latter are characterized by increased fire resistance and are ideal for residential buildings, in the construction of which wood was used.

The crate and hatches are subject to mandatory replacement, and, if necessary, the rafters and Mauerlat are also updated. The final stage is the treatment of all wood coatings with a fire retardant compound.

Overhaul of the roof this year also affected 43 cultural heritage sites. Among them is Korovin’s apartment building (Chaplygin Street, building 10), where the rafter system had to be changed. The roof of this building is subject to protection, which means that it is subject not only to repair, but restoration. Instead of worn-out logs, new rafters were brought in, each of which weighs about 200 kilograms. The delivery of the material to the roof was carried out from the side of the central facade, for which it was necessary to partially block the movement. After installation, all rafters were treated with a special fire-retardant compound that protects the material from open fire, environmental influences and vermin.

As part of the regional overhaul program, specialists are putting in order the water and gas supply, heating, sewerage and electrical systems, and changing garbage chutes and elevators. Also, basements, entrances, foundations, facades, roofs, fire water pipes and fire-fighting automation of buildings are being repaired.

EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and or sentence structure not be perfect.

MIL OSI Russia News