Post sponsored by

MIL OSI Translation. Region: Russian Federation –

December 31, 2021 7:56 am

Share this

Photo by E. Samarin. Press Service of the Mayor and the Moscow Government

Elevators were also changed in buildings of the early 20th century.

This year, 146 elevators have been replaced in residential buildings in the Central Administrative District of the capital. The work was carried out within the framework of the regional program overhaul of apartment buildings.

The oldest building, in which the elevator was replaced, is located in the Arbat area at 23 Bolshaya Molchanovka Street, Building 1. It was erected at the end of the 19th century – in 1897. It is a six-storey brick building with two entrances.

There is another house nearby, where specialists have replaced the elevator. It is located at 49 Arbat Street and was built in 1900 for the ministers of the parish of the Orthodox Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker in Plotniki.

The elevator was also replaced in the former apartment building, which is located at Sadovaya-Spasskaya street, house 17/2 in the Krasnoselsky district. The building was built in 1905 in the Art Nouveau style by order of the Orlik family.

The district’s tallest building is located in the same area, where elevators have been replaced. It is located at: Verkhnyaya Krasnoselskaya street, 10, building 7a. The building of a typical series P-44 has 17 floors and three entrances. It was built in 1995.

In the former apartment building of Nikolai Yakunin, located in the Presnensky district at 13 Merzlyakovsky lane, elevators have also been replaced. The building has over 100 years of history. According to some sources, it was built in 1902, according to others – in 1899.

In the Basmanny district, an elevator was replaced in an old building at the address: Lyalin lane, house 11-13 / 1, building 2. The ensemble was built in 1914, and the construction lasted for almost 10 years. The houses were owned by Alexandra Panafidina, the head of a publishing house known in pre-revolutionary Moscow, founded in 1885 and engaged in educational, children’s and popular science literature. The object became partly residential after the revolution.

Most of the elevators were replaced at 25/33 on Bolshaya Andronievskaya Street in the Tagansky District. The brick building built in 1996 has six entrances. Each of them has two lifts – passenger and cargo. All 12 elevators have been replaced by specialists.

In total, more than three thousand elevators have been replaced in the capital this year. This was previously reported by the Deputy Mayor of Moscow for housing and communal services and improvement Peter Biryukov… Among the leaders are the South-Eastern Administrative District (654 elevators), the South-Western Administrative District (499) and the Eastern Administrative District (371).

Since 2018, elevators in houses have been changed strictly in the year of the end of the 25-year service life without further extending the operating period. Experts dismantle old equipment and install new ones. If there are several elevators at the entrance, they are changed one at a time so that the residents do not experience any inconvenience.

EDITOR’S NOTE: This article is a translation. Apologies should the grammar and or sentence structure not be perfect.

MIL OSI Russia News